Thursday 14 July 2016

The Secret Place (Book Review)


So I was wondering what I could do seeing as I am already running out and I thought hey why not bless everyone with a book review? I love reading so it makes sense just to make the most of it if you get me?
So this book is like my 3rd favourite book but I actually no longer own a copy (I will probably explain why in a later (and salty) post) but I would encourage you all to read it, the way that Tana has layed it all out is actually genius.
Ps. I'm going to try my best not to give any spoilers so you might only understand some of the things I'm trying to say in this review after you have read the book.

One of the main things that I like about the book is how the different chapters alternate between different people's points of view so you're not just stuck with one character's account which in a book like this I think can get a bit boring.

I've just realized that I haven't even like said what this book is about or even what style of writing it is. So basically the book is about how a male body has been found at an all girls school and that somebody at  the girls school left a note on the 'secret place' ( hence the title) saying that they know who had committed the murder. This leaves the detective to not only find out who killed the boy but also who posted the note so they could get more clues for the case. It sounds like your stereotypical who did it kind of book but when you get deeper into the book it gets more interesting and like the ending is so good and such a twist but not a twist at the same time because when you find out who it was that killed he boy it all makes sense makes it really special (I think it does anyway)
Like I said before what makes it really good is how the chapters alternate between characters because not only do you get to know the character more but you can also see how they are reacting to everything to help try and figure out who put the note on the art board and also who committed the crime.
Literally one of the best books I have ever read





No comments:

Post a Comment